The best home remedies for gout are the old fashioned methods that
Grandparents used. To treat gout pain and suffering, the "old timers"
Had to use products that were
Available available at home. These products went out of vogue as medical
Scientist and researchers touted new remedies for this old problem.
Treating gout with old home remedies has come full circle. Now the old
Home remedies that grandma used are now gaining in popularity.
1) Apply Ice to the area. – To reduce pain, applying ice directly to the
Area was the first line of defense in most homes. Applying cold packs to
The inflated swollen joints for 10-15 minutes still works.
Applying ice will reduce the pain and the inflammation. This may feel
Uncomfortable for the first few minutes but be persistent.The pain of Gout
Is worse the feeling of cold on the skin.
2) Take ibuprofen to help ease the pain.
3) Exercise the joints. Put each of the joint through a full range of motion.
Try doing this exercise 1-2 times per day.
4) Soak the feet in Epsom Salt if the pain is concentrated in the big toe.
Epsom Salt is a staple in almost every grandma's house. Older people use Epsom
Salt for everything from a laxative to a bath salt to sooth aching muscles.
Epsom salts contains Magnesium. Raising your magnesium levels may improve your
Heart and circulation and lower blood pressure. It will also help flush
Away the toxins and heavy metals from the body. Most importantly it helps to
Reduce stress. Soaking your feet in a warm tub of Epsom salts will give you
Almost immediate relief from gout pain.
For a leisurely bathe: Add two cups of Epsom Salt to the warm water as the bathtub
Fills. Soak leisurely in the tub until the water starts losing heat.
For an extra treat, add a few drops of screened essential oil.
5) Eat strawberries fresh strawberries also help neutralize uric acid, as do nuts,
Seeds, and grains, although to a lesser extent. The berries contain high concentrations
Of vitamin C as well as fruit acids and minerals, like potassium, magnesium zinc,
Manganese, calcium and iron.
6) Eat some cherries – Consume cherries and cherry juice often. Cherries are an
Old nutritional remedy known to help reduce uric-acid levels
7) Drink water in abundance 8-10 glasses per day will flush way toxins and dilute
The uric acid levels.
8) Increase your consumption of foods such as citrus fruits, berries, tomatoes,
Green peppers, and leafy greens, which are high in natural vitamin C and the
Bioflavonoids that reduce inflammation.
9) Exercise regularly. Regular exercise can relieve or prevent joint pain.
Exercise is needed to nourish the joint cartilage. Regular exercise helps
The body remove waste products. Exercise strengthens the muscles around the joint.
Developing strong muscles will support the joint more effectively and reduce
Injuries. Stretching your muscles helps you maintain a range of motion
10) Apple Cider Vinegar is a wonderful old-timers home remedy, cures more
Ailments than any other folk remedy. Try 2 tbsp of organic apple cider
Vinegar mixed with 2 tablespoons of organic honey (2 times daily).
Within a few hours the pain of gout will start to subside.